Monday, October 17, 2011

decorating with african masks-2

I had a post earlier about decorating with African masks. I thought I should share some more images to inspire people who are interested in decorating their homes with African masks and see their beauty. 

I would like to continue this subject in the near future. There are so many inspiring images out there I want to share...

 
A Bwa Butterfly mask with beautiful symetric geometrical decorations is a focal point here.

Phyllis Briley's West Side mid-Manhattan loft reminds me of Vicente Wolf.  A small Dan mask is displayed on the shelf with her other collection.

 Book shelves are a great place to display African artifacts.

Another way to display masks, and I am loving it.

I always love body masks from Kenya, and what it represents. It is worn by men during their wives pregnancy. It is kind of a moral support for the women. I love the dark wood Ethiopian chair.

Afro Retro style dinning room, the throwing knife from Zaire and three mask in the hall complements the minimalist style.

With the six-foot ceremonial Bwa mask, the orcher yellow wall, rich dark woods with contrasting color accesories, this room is a great example of African Style.

I love this Asian African fusion bedroom.

Joshua Givens and Norma Darden's bedroom displays a Bwa Sun mask in front of the sunny window. It makes sense :).

George Faison's music room mantel displays extensive collection of African Helmet masks. I would love to have one in my collection.

Dogon mask casually displayed on a Nigerian stool.

One of my favorite designers Vicente Wolf, composes pieces from different cultures and periods in vignettes. He creates small groupings in a room. It is so inpiring...


Images:

1, 3  4, 10, 11, 12, 17 via African Style down to the details by Sharne Algotsson with Katherine Zoe Andrews photos by George Ross
2 The Spirit of African Design by Sharne Algotsson and Denys Davis photos by George Ross
5, 14, 15, 16 via Style and Grace, African Americans at Home by Michael Henry Adams photos by Mick Hales
8, 9 via Contemporary Asian Living Rooms by Chami Jotisalikorn and Karina Zabihi photos by Luca Invernizzi Tettoni
6, 7, 13, 17 via Chinese Style Living in Beauty and prosperity by Simamita Lim photos by Chris Corrie
18, 19, 20, 21 via Learning to See Bringing the World Around You Into Your Home by Vicente Wolf photos by Vicente Wolf




No comments:

Post a Comment