Friday, August 8, 2014

my latest obsession; vietnamese rice baskets

Vietnamese rice baskets are my new found obsession. These gorgeous lightweight baskets are woven from harvested and flattened salt water reeds by village artisans. They are traditionally used for carrying rice from field to market. The magic part of the design of this basket is, the top half collapses inward and the basket becomes a bowl. I found mine at  fringesupplyco .

#ricebasket #love 💕#bedroom #vignette #indiancabinet #antler #moroccanweddingblanket #moroccanpompomblanket #decor #details #boho #bohemian #bohemiandecor #interiordecor #interiordesign #apartmentdecor

These baskets usually come in 3 sizes; Large, medium and small. Medium was a perfect fit for my apartment. Because of its lightweight it's easy to carry around. Loving how it looks on top of the Indian cabinet in my bedroom.

#Corner #chakki #indianchakki #handira #moroccanweddingblanket #moroccanpillows #ricebasket #tibetanchest #turkishalem #boho #bohemian #homedecor #interiordecor #interiordesign #decor #details #apartmentdecor #globaldecor

In a corner of my living room holding reading materials and looking pretty at the same time:)

Image of Rice baskets (natural)


Here they are as bowls storing some yarns.

Even though I like the natural look, if you know me I love things with a little twist to them:)

Panier Boule " Black "


Well hello gorgeous! Love the black with natural color handles.



How about the silver ones? Beautiful!




Loving these Eliza Gran pom pom baskets by Mille. They remind me of Moroccan or Mexican baskets.











These baskets are so versatile in a decor; In the bathroom, kitchen, office or at the beach, how about using it as a plant cover? I just like to look at them:)

What do you think about these baskets, how would you use them?

Have a great weekend!xx




No comments:

Post a Comment