Tuesday, August 16, 2011

foo dogs

I love the character and the meaning of foo dogs also known as guardian temple lions. These lions are traditionally used as a symbol of protection against any kind of bad luck. I just enjoy looking at them... Here are some around my apartment;

These beautiful wood carved foo dogs are on both sides of my entrance, protecting us from evil... They were purchased at chineseantiquewholesaler, New York City. Wall decorations and stools are made in Indonesia, collected from T.J.Maxx stores.









Ebay found gold gilded foo dogs in the master bathroom.

My favorite Tibetan trunk with foo dogs in the living room with details. Luban Antiques, Maryland (they are no longer in business).

Cute Chinese tea box with foo dog in the kitchen, it keeps my clutter. I found it at Luban Antiques, Maryland (they are no longer in business).
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment