Friday, September 12, 2014

shelfie

Love how shelves are layered with mix of books and collections. Don't get me wrong, I love libraries packed with books but I think in my home decor I wanted to leave the old library look behind. I have been there, done that. After much thought and lots of purging of books and lots of painting later I have my dream shelves. I found the floating white shelves at IKEA and they were perfect for my design. I wanted to have a minimal display shelves similar to ones in some stores and I think I achieved that look. After my so handy hubby put the shelves on the freshly painted walls, I carefully choose the books and collections that are meaningful to me and yes I tried to color match the books. Some people don't like it but to me they make the eye wander easily and unified, looks less cluttered.

#Shelfie #ikea #floatingshelves #shelves #books #decor #homedecor #homeoffice #interiordecor #interiordesign #apartmentdecor #boho #bohemian #bohemiandecor #globaldecor #love

Here are my shelves in my office. It's a little crowded but still looks organized and pretty:)


Love the layering, bold typography and the black&white effect.

Here are some of the shelves which inspired me from my Pinterest;


via shelterness


via madebygirl

Here comes the color matching books.

Shelving
via pinterest

how to style a bookshelf .... I love the color and thickness of the wood ... kind of rustic
via pinterest


via melissamercier

I love monochromatic book selves too. It looks soothing. Blending in the decor. It is hard to see it from the picture but think they may have displayed some of the the books backwards which is very clever idea instead of covering them with paper.

bookshelves
via pinterest


via melissamercier

Color matching books become a wall of art.

Do you consider books in your decor, how about color matching books, love it or hate it?

Have a great weekend!xx



No comments:

Post a Comment