Wednesday, June 19, 2013

buddha hand door handle

I have a special love for doors. Even the cabinets I picked for my home during the years, first, I had to fall in love with their doors. They all have great characters. I even painted, framed and gone a little crazy on my apartment's dull entry door. I believe it reflects my apartment's decor. So I have been looking for decorative buddha hand door handles for awhile. I came across this gorgeous Nepalese guyan mudra hand door handle at amazon.com. I was hoping for a pair but, I could only find one hand. Now, I have to figure out where to install one hand... :)

#guyanmudra #buddha #buddhahand #doorhandle #love #instagood #me #tbt #cute #photooftheday #instamod #iphonesia #picoftheday #igers #tweegram #beautiful #instadaily #instagramhub #follow #iphoneonly #igdaily #bestofthedayy

#buddhahand #buddha #boho #bohemian #nepal #hibiscus #love #instagood #me #tbt #cute #photooftheday #instamod #iphonesia #picoftheday #igers #tweegram #beautiful #instadaily #instagramhub #follow #iphoneonly #igdaily #bestofthedayy

Some Instagram photos showing the buddha mudra hand with a hibiscus flower from my balcony :)

#buddhahand #hibiscus #peace #nepal #boho #bohemian #buddha #mudra #tranquil #meditate #love #instagood #me #tbt #cute #photooftheday #instamod #iphonesia #picoftheday #igers #tweegram #beautiful #instadaily #instagramhub #follow #iphoneonly #igdaily #bestofthedayy

#buddhahand #nepal #hamsa #india #turkish #afghan #hibiscus #boho #bohemian #love #instagood #me #tbt #cute #photooftheday #instamod #iphonesia #picoftheday #igers #tweegram #beautiful #instadaily #instagramhub #follow #iphoneonly #igdaily #bestofthedayy

Turkish, Indian, Afghan, Nepalese mixed vignette.

#evileye #evileyejewelry #evileyenecklace #buddha #boho #bohemian #buddhahand #love #instagood #me #tbt #cute #photooftheday #instamod #iphonesia #picoftheday #igers #tweegram #beautiful #instadaily #instagramhub #follow #iphoneonly #igdaily #bestofthedayy

If I decide not to use it as a door handle, I can always use it to hold jewelry or towels.

via houzz

How could I have not seen this cute towel holder earlier? It would have made a great addition to my bathroom.


via vivaterra

Hands of buddha jewelry holders. Creative way to collect and organize jewelry. They make great door handles too.

Here are some doors that I adore...


via cushandnooks

Here is why I have been looking for buddha hand door handles! It's Jade Jagger's stunning home in Goa, India. I just adore this door!

 
via pinterest

A front gate in Thailand with buddha hands serving as handles. They are positioned symbolically “so you enter the house in peace,” explains Bensley at Bensley Design Studios.


via pinterest

Amazing blue door with hand mudras (symbolic gestures of the hands of buddha).


via pinterest

Another amazing close-up door handle with lotus flower design.

There are other bloggers who have noticed this beautiful hardware.


http://moroccanmaryam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345204a169e20120a6ed0722970b-pi
via moroccanmaryam

Thai buddha hand door handle from Maryam's blog mymarrakesh


via indiapiedaterre

Blogger Deb from indiapiedaterre found these gorgeous buddha hand door pulls at Crafter’s in Cochin for her India apartment cabinet doors.

Door handle in room
via triplefstudio

Beautiful room door handle of a spa.


via gogirlcafe

At a yoga studio this buddha hand is lifted in the abhaya mudra (seal/gesture of no fear, protection, benevolence, assurance).


via MeeSe

And someone's cool door picture from flickr.

Here are some sellers with buddha hand handles;


via nepalmade

Love these handles.


via sacredspace

Unusual shaped buddha door handle.


via kashgar

Beautiful hand of buddha door handle.


via etsy

I found this one on etsy.


via ebay

Balinese buddha hand from ebay.


via ebay 

Another Balinese buddha hand from ebay.

Do you go a "little crazy" on your doors with unique hardware?



No comments:

Post a Comment