Tuesday, December 20, 2011

wood walls, a new trend?

UPDATE: It has bee a long time since I posted this, unfortunately most of the photo links have been broken, therefore I had to replace some of the photos and comments... 2/4/2015

I was browsing through Elle Decor last weekend and came across Actress Hilary Swank's new Downtown New York apartment. Her apartment had a spread in the magazine’s December issue, designed by restaurant interior designer Mark Zeff. I loved the wood panelled wall in the livingroom a lot. These kind of wood walls popping up in magazines on the internet these days. Is this a new trend? I don't know, but, this is not grandmother's old panels in the basement. It is fresh, neutral, modern yet rustic. When used as an accent wall it anchors the room well. I really like the accent wood wall idea so much, I am planning to put it on my husband's to do list for one of the walls in my livingroom.

Elle Decor magazine December 2012 issue with Hilary Swank.


via elle decor

I am literally in love with the wall...

Here is the rest of the apartment which has more modern, clean lines;












via elle decor

PHOTOGRAPHER: SIMON UPTON

It looks like the designer Mark Zeff carried out the wood panelling idea in the bathroom with the stone.

A wood accent wall gives a room a modern look. Here are some of the accent wood walls that I like;

Reclaimed and Rustic
via bhg

walls floors, flooring, home decor, wall decor, reclaimed wood wall bedroom wall sconces modern rustic
via hometalk

whitewashed or weather wood panel
via homedzine

Paint a few boards of a reclaimed-wood accent wall.
via buzzfeed

rustic bedroom decorating idea 48
via decoholic

rustic bedroom decorating idea 46
via decoholic

What do you think about using wood as an accent wall; Is it dated or a new trend?



No comments:

Post a Comment