Thursday, September 15, 2011

closet doors

Closet doors can be easily neglected in a decor. To me, it is the part of the room and should contribute to the decor. There are many ideas to turn your Blah closet doors into beautiful objects. Some of the ideas are applying wallpaper or fabric, chalkboard paint, stencils, murals, moldings, using antique shutters or doors, even changing the hardware helps.

In the entry these antique Chinese doors are a great fit for my closet. All we did was mount 2X4's stain to match the doors. My husband is very handy for these kind of jobs :)

I love the hand carved details. The old paper is torn here and there but I think, it gives a character to it.
  
Antique Chinese doors used as closet doors in my master bedroom. These are massive elm wood doors with hand carved good luck symbols. I can stare at them all day :)

The master bedroom Chinese doors with good luck symbols.

This is the office Blah doors temporarily camouflaged with Chinese folding screen. I also used one of my Chinese altar table side panels to frame the closet. I still don't know what am I going to do next...  

Here are some great closet door ideas below;


via House Beautiful

Beautiful global dressing room with Chinese inspired doors.

[china+doors.jpg]
via Pretty Neat Organizer

Asian inspired reversed painted glass living room closet doors.

 
via Kate Collins Interiors

Antique French doors are a focal point in this room.
























via Kate Collins Interiors

Weathered old shutters are a perfect fit.

5-20-keith1.jpg
via apartmenttherapy

Middle-Eastern / Central-Asian looking laser cut film on glass closet doors look like very expensive etched glass doors.


via flickr

I love the texture.

Below (via apartmentteraphy) closet door ideas with wallpaper, molding, mural, chalkboard paint and fabric.













Please share any great closet doors or ideas you have with me....





3 comments:

  1. Very cool! I think closet doors are often overlooked - now I'm going to go look at mine differently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan! That means a lot coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce blog with nice collection of decent design of shape in Golden colors really amusement in life & i think it consist in luxury apartments.These type of shape of closets door on working of arts arouse good looking in your home.Love your room & that actually a huge designed.

    ReplyDelete